Office Administration/Management/Client Services
Things I've Done
• Extensive computer training in Kronos, PeopleSoft, all MS Office products, QuickBooks, Mac and PC, multiple database programs and inventory systems.
• Payroll, benefits, and other human resources activities.
• Spearheaded the creation of a nationwide electronic filing system for 17,000 employees.
• Experience with print advertising; writing & distributing monthly newsletters.
• Work with accounts payable and accounts receivable as a retailer and wholesaler for both products and services.
• Travel arrangements, expense reports, and P-card reconciliation for an office of five.
• Full control of stock and P & L at multiple retail locations.
• Interviewing, hiring, evaluating, scheduling, and training staff.
• Maintaining Balanced Score Card and Six Sigma standards.
• 18 years of excellent customer service experience with both distributors and direct customer contact.
• Planning and coordinating events.
• Recruiting and maintaining corporate accounts.
• Six years of proficiency in sales projection and analysis.
• Raised sales at every location between 30% and 800% and increased profit margins across the board by up to 15%.
• Proven abilities in budgeting, researching market trends, and product development.
• Negotiating with vendors in-house and at trade shows.
• Skilled in merchandising, both boutique and big box.
What Can I Do for You?
Northeast Louisiana University
University of Phoenix
Southern New Hampshire University
BA English/Creative Writing
People Who've Paid Me to Do Stuff
Cluttered Mind Press
Author.Editor.Webmaster.AWS Certification.Customer Service.Content creation. Education.
Budgeting.Proficiency in iMovie, MS Office products, and many Adobe products (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier, After Effects, Dimension, Dreamweaver).Copywriting.Preparation of two three-month courses to be released next year.
Barnes and Noble
September 2015-August 2017
Monitoring sales and inventory levels.Evaluate and train staff.
Customer service.Cash handling and banking functions.
C & W Services
June 2010-September 2015
Spearheaded the creation of a nationwide electronic employee records database (17,000 employees).Maintain employee records for the New England and New York divisions of the company (8,000 employees).
Assist HR specialist with prospective and current employees in the office and on-site. Assure I9 compliance and participate in internally and externally initiated audits.Data entry and filing.
Borders Books and Music
August 2004-April 2010
Sales Manager and Operations Manager
Merchandising conception and implementation for a 12 million-dollar store.Recruiting and maintaining corporate accounts.Monitoring sales and inventory levels.Researching and bringing in new products.Receiving.Authorizing bill payments.
Customer service.Creating and maintaining bordersfairfield.com.Interview, hire, evaluate, and train staff.Budgeting.Plan and coordinate up to five events a week.Cash handling.Human resources, including Kronos and PeopleSoft.